'DRIVE' BLACK POLARISED DRIVING SUNGLASSES
A highly versatile package, the polarised Nimbus Drive (Black frame) driving sunglasses from Rapid Eyewear provides not one but three sets of interchangeable lenses, ensuring you'll enjoy the ideal vision whatever the conditions - with the yellow anti-glare lenses fitted, you can even use them at night, and on those dark winter days.
Why Are They Good for Driving?
Nimbus are excellent for driving because:
- Interchangeable lenses are ideal for all types of light, including night time
- Polarised lenses remove glare from the road and other vehicles
- Wrap-around styling blocks sunlight from the sides of your vision
- Strong, impact resistant lenses
- 100% UVA / UVB protection
- Stylish and comfortable
- Anti-glare 'night driving' lenses provided
The Frames Made from a tough yet lightweight TR90 material, the Drive frame is extremely robust, and has a slight inbuilt flex that allows it to shape itself to most sizes of head. Rubber nose pads and side arm extensions make for a comfortable fit. Sprung side arms.
The Lenses Included as standard, the three sets of lenses are:
- Category 0, yellow, for poor light or night use (see below)
- Category 2, beige polarised for fairly bright days
- Category 3, grey mirror polarised for sunny days
Polarised lenses greatly reduce glare by filtering out horizontal light, making them perfect for removing reflections off the road surface and oncoming vehicle windscreens. The yellow lenses have an anti-glare coating on the reverse that makes them ideal for use at night; they greatly reduce glare that's caused by oncoming vehicle headlamps and street lights etc., improving your ability to see objects ahead. They also have the effect of reducing fatigue on long journeys (bright light can cause tiredness).
All lenses are very high quality, with anti-scratch coatings and decentred calibration for distortion-free viewing.
The Package Also supplied in this comprehensive package is a carry case, with internal pouches for storing spare lenses, a cleaning cloth and head retainer strap.
Conformity and Legal Rapid Eyewear sunglasses conform to the ISO 12311 and 12312 standards for sunglasses and protective equipment testing. They offer 100% UVA / UVB (UV400) protection and comply with US Z80.3.